73 Questions with Mr. Staccone

On this year’s UN day, Mr. Staccone accepted the UNISverse interview that was inspired by Vogue 73 questions. If you have ever wondered what Mr. Staccone’s favorite dance move is or what the name of his breakout album would be, please watch this video!

Here are some highlights:

What’s your favorite thing about UNIS?

My favorite thing about UNIS is the variety of students that you get to meet. We just had the cultural showcase and saw students from different countries showing their cultural talents.

What was your favorite subject in high school?

It was definitely history, for sure!

What three words would you use to describe yourself?

Well, I’m pretty patient… sometimes students can be very difficult. But I would also say curious because I always like to read or learn new things, and at the same time I would also describe myself as interested in what’s happening in students lives.

What’s your favorite dance move?

I don’t know if I have very many dance moves. I’ve clearly spent too much time reading [when] growing up.

Can you show us one?

Well I suppose I once watched the prince of the Netherlands do a dab. *does dab*. So I think that would be [the] one.

Can you show us another dab?

I just did one! *laughs*

What’s your spirit animal?

Growing up I would have totally said a dog. Because I had a little Sheltie, Shetland sheepdog– small collie – but I now have two cats, which I adopted from Shanghai. I really love them. They are very cute and they run around meowing for attention. So I think it might now be a cat.

What are your cats names?

Scruf…*laughs* Scruffles and Plumpers *laughs*

What’s the best part about being a teacher?

Best part of being a teacher is meeting new students.

Worst part?

Grading papers! Absolutely for sure. I love giving essays though, the look on students faces when they get their DBQs is just tangible delight. But then you have to grade them, which is the worst part for sure.

Favorite Food?

Pasta! Pasta with Alfredo sauce is especially good. I’m Italian, grew up that way, so it’s such an easy choice.

Favorite UNIS classroom?

None of them *laughs* How about 418-419?

What’s a sport you wish you could play?

Soccer or basketball. I played both growing up but I truly had no skill. There is a reason I had to quit and start running instead. Hand-eye coordination was not my thing!

Best Movie?

Lord of the Rings trilogy. 2000 to 2003. Not The Hobbit!

Best Musical?

My Fair Lady! *looks at camera* Out on broadway now. It’s really good, won some awards… just sayin’.

What would be the name of your autobiography.

I don’t know. Maybe Anthony Staccone History.

What would be the name of your breakout album?

The Tony Awards.

What are some cool facts about this school?

Well, it’s been open for 70 years and is held together by some bits of twine and duct tape. I think the duct tape is enough to keep it together.

Most recent song you listened to?

I may or may not already be listening to Christmas music… classical Christmas music.

Can you tell us a joke?

Well I normally make fun of students, so that’s how my joke goes.

What is your philosophy on education?

Hard work pays off! As well as having high expectations!